Re: grub/lilo question

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:20:09 +0200, Chris McQueeny wrote:

> As Ext/3 has matured a great deal since it was released, my opinion is
> that it is entirely superior to Ext/2 at least. The journalling
> capabilities greatly increase speed and reliability in many cases.

It increases speed in exactly one case: When the system has crashed or
suffered a power loss without cleanly unmounting the disks. Then, ext3
will save you a fsck run. In all other cases, performance can't be any
better than plain old ext2. I'd expect it to perform worse than ext2
actually.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!