Re: Modconf for 2.6 kernel

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 06:49, Nick Hastings wrote:
> * CaT <cat@zip.com.au> [030909 09:41]:
> > On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 07:07:26PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there a modconf for the 2.6 kenel. The earlier one doesn't work for the
> > > newer kernel.
> >
> > Yup. sid has it.
> >
> > apt-get -b source module-init-tools
>
> Me thinks not;
>
>  dpkg -L module-init-tools | grep modconf
>
> returns nothing. Modconf is in it's own package.
>
> module-init-tools provides modprobe and friends, but no modconf.
>
> Or perhaps I'm missing something related to the fact you're suggesting
> to build module-init-tools tools from source rather than just use the
> binaries?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick.

It doesn't have modconf... even built from source (apt-get -b source
module-init-tools). Even that doesn't work. Blessing in disguise I
guess. It got me to actually learn how to insert modules and stuff :)
Got kinda spoilt by modconf.

Thanks anyways guys :)

Siddhesh

--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked
something.

Siddhesh.

Phone: 28975672

einstein_is_back@hotmail.com (Default)