Re: DVD recording software?

At Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:42:12 +0200,
Joan Tur wrote:

> Es Diumenge 07 Setembre 2003 14:47, en TR va escriure:

> > > I've purchased a DVD-RW recorder... and I'd like to use it
> > > under linux...
> > >
> > > What software could I us?  I've googled with no luck  8-?
> >
> > cdrecord
> Em... I am used to console, but I'd prefer a front-end for
> cdrecord&DVDs... is there any?  I haven't found any in that
> list (I already had had a look at synaptics searching for
> "dvd") 8-(

There are frontends.  In fact, far more than you can imagine.
Practically every *n*x program that claims to burn CDR/RW is a
cdrecord frontend.  There are only two exceptions I know of, none
of which are relevant to your problem (because they burn only
CDR's)

For DVD burning, the most capable *n*x tool appears to be the
binary-only version of cdrecord, cdrecord-prodvd.  Next to that
is dvd+rw-tools, which is available in sid and I believe testing
but you can get it straight from:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

This was originally a program designed only to support DVD+R/+RW.
But the author now claims it supports recording to -R/-RW as
well.

Caveat:  I have no practical experience with DVD's but have
lurked long enough in two lists to know other people's general
experience with DVD writing:

cdwrite@other.debian.org
dvdrtools-users@nongnu.org