Re: Stripped down versions of software

Hello,

First of all, google for what type of memory your laptop can take and how much it can take, then hit ebay. Trust me - X is greedy. If you can get 64M or 96M you'll be happier then with 16M.

Unfortunately, the laptop can only take 20Mb - 4Mb onboard, 16Mb added
on - there are 8Mb versions of the laptop, but I think they'd be a tad
hard to find ;)

Am hoping to find out how to use X over the network, after all, I've got
an Athlon XP 1700+ PC - would be nice to have 1.4GHz of power on a
100MHz laptop ;)

Cheers - Piers