Re: Debian Samba Documentation

Hi Jared,

jdavis@washco.state.ut.us wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for documentation about Samba on Debian Linux.

I cannot seem to find on debian.org specific documentation, and the LDP
has Samba docs, but I'm looking for specific Debian related materials.

I am quite new to Debian (and thus to this list), but I have found samba pretty much the way I am used to it.

So you should be fine with the general samba-documentation and tutorials you find on the web.

The only thing that differs from my SuSE-experience is the way to (re)start the service:

woody:~# /etc/init.d/samba restart
Restarting Samba daemons: nmbd smbd.

HTH,

Stefan