Re: Woody & M$ dhcp

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:17:36PM -0300, ogulla@uonbi.ac.ke wrote:
> Hi all,
> Got this debian beast running **illegally** on the company network. My
> problem is that everytime I've got to reboot it, the dhcp server running
> on M$ NT, assigns the NIC a proper IP address but overwrites my
> resolv.conf with something like "KSL\000". Changing resolv.conf permisions
> to -r--r--r-- did not yield fruit. How do I stop this from occurring.

Depending on which version you are running I think you can edit:

/etc/dhclient-script
/etc/dhclient.conf

or

/etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script
/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

I think editing the dhclient-script will be enought.  There you look
for the function that creates the resolv.conf file.

I can't give a reasonable answer on your second question.

--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org