RE: Webmin and apache2.0.47

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

> Im running Debian woody 3.0r1 stable with all security updates, and
> I builded apache 2.0.47 from scratch.

There is problem number one.  The package system is not telepathic.  It
won't know anything about any third-party software you've installed unless
you tell it.

See the equivs package for a workaround.

> When I want to install
> webmin-postfix 0.94-7 dselect also wants to install apache 1.3.26

I can categorically tell you that it doesn't.  All I can think of is that
you must have accidently selected webmin-apache also.  That is the only
webmin package that needs apache.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>