RE: Webmin and apache2.0.47

Jaldhar H. Vyas <mailto:jaldhar@debian.org> schreef op zaterdag 9 augustus
2003 6:45:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want to install webmin, but when I select webmin in dselect it
>> wants to install apache 1.3.x, but I have apache2.0.47 up and
>> running and I think that if I install the apache that comes with
>> webmin I'm getting conflicts.
>>

> Something else is going wrong here.  webmin has its' own webserver so
> it shouldn't need apache or any other one.
>
> Unfortunately I can't begin to tell you what's wrong without some
> further information
>
> 1.  what version of Debian? (i.e. stable, testing, unstable)
>
> 2.  What version of the webmin packages?
>
> 3.  What was the exact error dselect gave? ("getting conflicts" is too
>     vague.)
>
> As an aside, if you think there is a problem with a package you
> should contact the maintainer through the Bug Tracking system
> (http://bugs.debian.org/) Most Debian developers don't read
> debian-user or only read itat random intervals.

Im running Debian woody 3.0r1 stable with all security updates, and
I builded apache 2.0.47 from scratch. When I want to install
webmin-postfix 0.94-7 dselect also wants to install apache 1.3.26

I didn't go to the next step (installing) because I think I'm getting
conflicts between apache 2.0.47 and apache 1.3.26. Can I save install
Webmin with its apache 1.3.26 without messing up the apache 2.0.47
installation?

HTH,

-WJ