Re: Adding a default outgoing sig to exim4

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 05:57:00PM +0100, Mark C wrote:
| On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:51, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
|
| > No.  Read this to get an understanding of the technical and
| > non-technical issues of such an attempt :
| >     http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
|
| See below, I did mention sig and not disclaimer :)

From a technical standpoint, what's the difference?

| but thanks for the link, it proved a few laughs.

You're welcome.

| > If you want to append a signature, configure your mail client to do
| > so.  In mutt this is done with a line like "set
| > signature=~/.signature".  I don't know what squirrelmail requires for
| > that.
|
| I 'm asking this question, as I will be setting up a local small
| companies mailserver using exim4 and they wish to append an automatic
| signature, and not a disclaimer, i.e their company name, main contact
| and website.

I shouldn't be saying this, but 'transport_filter'.

As for implementing the filter, the same problems as described in the
above link exist :
    o   how do you not break the MIME structure?
    o   how do you not break PGP/GPG signatures?
    o   how do you ensure that, in *all* cases, the result the reader
            sees is sensible and what you intended?

-D

--
The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/