Re: Debian Woody, KDE startup does not go past "Peripherals" phase

Wayne Gemmell wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem with my laptop with a similar
setup (ATI Mobility 7500 running the vesa driver), a quick
question, did you install from the debian site or from the
KDE debs? The reason I ask this is that I installed from
the KDE site and I've been contemplating removeing all the
KDE packages and installing from the Debian site because
Gnome works and Gnome was installed from Debian site and
then upgraded through the gnome site. If you installed from
Debians official site then I'll write this off my list of
options as it could take 2 nights to complete..
<snip>
All my packages are from official debian sources. Hope that saves you some time!

HTH,

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop