Re: Firewall and Proxy

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:10, Mehmet AK wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Linux Server in my Company.  Personel usally using kazaa ,
> imesh and downloading mp3 files on the web. That so our internet is
> down.
> i want configure firewals against these programs and downloading. Can
> you help me

Don't have much experience with that, but if I am not mistaken its going
to be hard to do without installing a proxy and then allowing internet
connection only through the proxy. You can then block all connections
going out except those originating from the proxy server.
The fact that you are behind a firewall already blocks some of the
traffic since they can only connect to servers that are not behind a
firewall, but these programs don't use a specific port for outgoing
connections and I don't think a standard firewall can understand these
packets.
I suppose that asking people not to use p2p programs is not a workable
option.