Re: Really stupid use of cleanlinks

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 16:56, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Never do this!
>
> I just ran cleanlinks on my root directory; really stupid thing to
> do!
>
> Lots of things were deleted which should not have been and I don't
> know how long it will take to get things back working; only just
> restored ppp. Possibly a new installation will be required?

Hi Anthony

As I understand the manpage, it should only remove empty dirs and
dangling symlinks. And it spits out a list of what it deletes. Do you
have this list saved to a file? So you should be able to see what was
deleted, and judge if it was a good or a bad idea.

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!