Re: Completely OT: European mobile text-messaging

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 22:29, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've been wondering what standard, if any, is used around Europe for
> mobile text messaging. My brother is an aid worker in Georgia and goes
[snip]
> I'm wondering if there's a way to do it online? SMS or something
> similar?

Europe, at least most countries I know, use regular SMS messages which
you can either send from your own GSM-mobile, or using some sms-gateway.
There used to be lots of free (add-supported) SMS-gateways, but these
seem to be reducing fast.

You could try dialing into the message-center yourself, although this
could be expensive, best bet is to just SMS from your own mobile phone.

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT