Re: Debian Can't See All of Large Disks?

Hi,

* Mike Hunt <mullethead892@yahoo.com> [030801 12:46]:
> Hi all,
>
> I had recently tried to install Debian on a computer containing a 200
> GB harddrive. However, during cfdisking of the Debian install process
> cfdisk fails to see past approximately 130 GB of hard disk space. I'm
> suspecting this is because it is an old version of cfdisk (later
> versions of cfdisk seem to see the whole drive). So, does anyone here
> know how to work around this problem so I can use all of my hard disk
> space with Debian? Thanks for your help!

No this is not a Debian problem. It is related to Linux. I believe
that kernels newer than 2.4.19 do not have the 137 Gb limit.

What kernel are you using (uname -r)?

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test1-looxt93c7 #1 Thu Jul 31 17:37:06 JST 2003