Re: more install problems

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 19:54, Andrew McGuinness wrote:

> [...]
> The cause of the errors was that linux/version.h was being included
> from a 2.2 kernel, but linux/netdevice.h was being include from a
> 2.4 kernel.

Thanks Andrew.  I'm impressed.

> You said you installed kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4 and symlinked it
> to /usr/src/linux, and that might fix the compile.
>
> Make sure you do a "make clean" before you try again.

I did not do make clean.  Perhaps that is why it didn't work.  I'll
reinstall the bf2.4 and try again (I have gone back to the 2.2
standard version in the meanwhile, but found the 8139TOO is indeed no
use.)   On second thoughts, I'll try the compile where I am now, and
see about upgrading the kernel afterwards.  I'll let you know if it
works.

--
richard