Re: Can't Keep Kernel Log Messages From Console

Alan Connor wrote:
> And pray tell just what are attachments  doing on Usenet?

If you shoose to read this list via usenet or other gateways, the burden
is on you to do any conceptual shifts necessary. This includes not
flaming people for complying with standard email etiquette even when it
conflicts with usenet etiquette. It also includes getting your
References header right, which I notice your post did not do.

> So the question should be: "Since when does *slrn*  deal with attachments?"

slrn has supported MIME since well before 1995. While it doesn't bother
with attachments, it can use metamail to view MIME messages.

> Not-to-mention that sending attachments is verboten on every mailing list that
> I have ever subscribed to, as are HTML mails.

Small attachments for gpg signatures and bits of log files or patches or
transcripts are completly acceptable on this mailing list.

> Henceforth I will simply killfile anyone on the list who does either.
>
> Fortunately, the vast majority have better manners/sense than that.

You should expect to be killfiling a lot of Debian developers then.

--
see shy jo, slrn maintainer for Debian