Re: Need help with KDE/KDM

Rich Johnson <rjohnson@dogstar-interactive.com> writes:

> I can't log on through kdm_greet.   All I see is a momentary  loss of
> video signal then the login screen comes back.

That symptom sounds very much like you're successfully logging in,
whatever your X session is runs to completion, and you automatically
log out.  Do you have a .xsession file, and if so, does it wait for
some long-running process (typically a window manager or session
manager) to finish?  What kdm session are you using?

	-- Abra Mitchell