Re: No 3D support after custom kernel compilation [solved]

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 17:53, Marino Fernandez wrote:
> On Saturday 21 June 2003 03:26 am, Marino Fernandez wrote:

[Adventures with DRI and Custom kernel elided ]

> > Any ideas. Thank you.
>
> I just needed to reboot... JUST LIKE IN WINDOWS!!!

Actually, you don't. I'm sorry that I didn't see your earlier
email and saved you the reboot.

All you would have needed to to stop X (either by logging out,
or stopping xgm/gdm/kdm), rmmod the currently loaded drm module
(if present), insmod the newly compiled drm module, and restart
X (startx, starting xdm/gdm/kdm).

--
Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca>