Re: Large X Fonts after switching to font server

Karol writes:

> >    I switched from using font files to using a font server and now the
> > standard font size is larger, especially on Mozilla. For example,
> > Mozilla's 'Preference' page takes up practically 90% of the screen
> > vertically as before it was more of a normal window. Plus, the link
> > names in the "Personal Toolbar" just above the browser's content area
> > are pretty large and not as many fit onto it as before.
>
> Try to exclude from configuration 100dpi fonts or set the default
> fonts to 75dpi.

Hi Karol,

   Unfortunately that did not clear it up. It seems like its the main
System Font Size or something like that as even gnome-terminal's menu
font is larger.

   In Mozilla, I can always make the *content*'s size smaller via C--
(control minus) or the preference dialog, but I have not yet
determined how to make its own, system fonts smaller like they
were. The only clue was via the

    Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts > Display Resolution

I choose "Other" and Mozilla asked how long a line was on the screen
and then set itself to 96dpi which was even larger than it is now!

   Oh well. Thanks, Elizabeth