Re: Sound card AC 97 Integrated problem. Programs for listening music, watching videos.

Hi,

Am Sam, 2003-06-21 um 13.22 schrieb Jan Andrzej:
>  --- eamon-roque@imail.de wrote: > Hi,
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 01:38:56PM +0100, Jan
> > Andrzej wrote:
> > snip [...]

[...]

"soundcore.o" is basic sound support, "sound.o" on the other hand is the
module for the OSS sound modules support.

I remember there being an "ac97_codec.o" in the 2.2.x series when I
installed Debian for the first time, the "i810_audio" probably comes
from that series as well.

An easy test to see if the module functions with your sound chip is a
simple command out of the Sound-HOWTO:

cat file.wav > /dev/dsp

where you substitute "file.wav" for a handy *.wav file that you either
have or can download from:
 ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/sound/snd-data-0.1.tar.Z

When you unpack the archive, there's a *.wav file in the "dsp" folder.

If the above command seems to hang, your volume is probably set to null.
If not, and you still can't hear anything, what sort of error messages
are you getting, a.e. in the kernel log or system log files,
respectively?!

HTH

Eamon Roque.