Re: Windows NT/2000/XP related problems

On Saturday 21 June 2003 04:45 am, Abdul Latip wrote:
> 1. The most simple way to return control to LILO after
>    reconfiguring Windows.
Installing ("reconfiguring?") windows replaces the mbr that lilo installed for
it's own. Just boot with rescue disk, and reinstall lilo in the mbr.

> 2. How to read the linux files systems (ext2,ext3,reiserfs)
>    in Windows.
Use partition magic 8. There is an option to browse ext3/ext2 partitons, and
to copy files to the windows partitions.

> 3. How to resize NTFS with less pain.
From linux... only mandrake's 9.1 diskdrake can do that... although I've heard
it can mess up things... I do not know that for sure.
From windows, again, Partition Magic 8. I've use it, works like a charm
(resizing ext3 partitions from windowsXP with NTFS partitions in place).

> 4. Where to find a "md5sum" program for windows (not command
>    line).

mdsummer:

http://www.md5summer.org/