Re: nfs mount error

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:24:16 +0300
Manolis Tzanidakis <mtzanidakis@freemail.gr> wrote:

> [20030616] Rodney D. Myers (rdmyers@pe.net) wrote:
>
> > Just got both machines to nfs mount. everything is working.
> >
> > I had to "tinkering", ie getting very frustrated, and started
> > sopping/starting all of the services on both machines, and
> > exporting, re-exporting the directories.
> >
> > Not sure 'exactly' what happened, but they both started working.
>
> AFAIK, both pc's (server & client) must have proper reverse dns
> entries for each other in their /etc/hosts in order nfs to work.

They do/did. i printed out the computer setup files I knew I would need,
and saved them to overwrite when necessary.

Moved from OS/2 -> Linux, with a windos client, for m$ crud being sent
from relatives, so I have hard copied of all networking stuff.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759