Re: Mail lists lots of headers but mozilla does not see any imap mail

I can see my mail sitting in /var/mail:
ls -l  /var/mail
-rw-rw----    1 jf  root       786590 Jun 14 12:15 jf

On another old system, I see /var/spool/mail/jf but it
has a file size of 0.  Mail is working on this old caldera system.

It's the first time I've tried to run IMAP on the new knoppix hard disk install.

Thanks in advance,
J F

J F wrote:
Mail lists lots of headers but mozilla does not see any imap mail.
~$ mail
Mail version 8.1.2 01/15/2001.  Type ? for help.
"/var/mail/jf": 118 messages 118 new
>N 1 attbroadband@attb Sat Jun 14 11:52 192/12701 Time Sensitive Information Regarding your ATTBI E-mail Account

I can see imap is running at port 143.

root#  nmap 10.0.0.9

Starting nmap 3.27 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2003-06-14 12:33 PDT
Interesting ports on a1700xp.ebeb.com (10.0.0.9):
(The 1615 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
143/tcp    open        imap2
445/tcp    open        microsoft-ds
631/tcp    open        ipp
3000/tcp   open        ppp

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.666 seconds

It even responds sort of:
root@a1700xp:/etc# telnet 10.0.0.9 143
Trying 10.0.0.9...
Connected to 10.0.0.9.