Re: Resizing ReiserFS Partition

(a.ameri@linuxiran.org) wrote:
> > Hi there:
> >
> > I have a big partition here (8 GB) , which uses the ReiserFS
> > filesystem (version 3.6 if I am not mistaking) and is mounted as my
> > /home.
> >
> > I want to split this partition in to two. I want to make my /home
> > around 3 GB, and make a new 5 GB partition out of it. currently
> > this partition has about 2 GB data in it.
> >
> > I wonder if such a thing is possible. Can I resize a ReiserFS
> > partition, without losing data ? If yes, with what tool ?
>
> I'd suggest looking at the progsreiserfs and reiserfsprogs packages.
> They conflict.  Both claim to have resizers.

Well, someone also mentioned GNU Parted, but it seems the parted version
that comes with woody is old and does not support ReiserFS (the parted
website says that it supports ReiserFS).

So I installed reiserfsprogs, but I don't know how to use this tool. apt
installed it without a problem, but I can't find the executable. How
shall I run this tool?

Cheers

--
/*  There's some good left in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth
fighting for."