Re: newbie's question: how to undo dselect

Hi,

>I'm a newbie to Debian Linux. Somehow I made a
>mistake, and now whenever I run dselect, it'll try to
>uninstall about 200 KDE packages. Thus I cannot
>install or remove any package without risk of messing
>up the whole system.

As far as I understand - you "unselected" packages, but NOT uninstalled
them. If so, try to look into /var/lib/dpkg. There you can find files
"status" and "status-old". I'm NOT quite sure - I have NEVER done it
myself - but you can try to copy "-old" files over new ones. Of course,
make a back up copy first!

Good luck. Let us know if it works.

Cheers

RS