Re: [SOLVED]Re: new kernel, now no network (2.4.20 kernel dhclient)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:39:18 +0800
Brian Walker <bfwalker@net-yan.com> wrote:

> Next "doh" moment ... pump -i eth0 ... and problems solved. I suppose I
> could also have tried dhcpcd (apt-get install dhcpcd removes pump ...)
> or manually configured with ifconfig ... for anyone else out there with
> similar problems HTH

It's not a problem with dhclient.

Your kernel was compiled without one of two required options: CONFIG_PACKET
or CONFIG_FILTER. They are the first and sixth items in the "Networking
options" section of the kernel config.

Kevin