Re: Installing and upgrading but not from the net.

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 01:07, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:58:50 +1000
> "Mirabella, Mathew J" <Mathew.Mirabella@team.telstra.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all.  I am new to linux and debian and have a few questions on
> > installing the distro.
> >
> > i have the 7 woody (stable) installation cds along with an eighth cd which
> > seems to have some of the non-free stuff.  i would like to get sid
> > (unstable) or at least testing working on my box, but don't have the cds
> > for that.  Is it true that you can only actually Install the stable
> > distro?  btw my woody cds are the r0 version not the r1...   does this
> > make a difference?
>
> You can get iso images of Woody r1 here:
>
> http://cudlug.cudenver.edu/debian-cd/woody/i386/
>
> There are other places as well; that's first one I found.
>
> Kevin

That said, you are vastly better to install 3.0r0 as it stands, and then
run a dist-upgrade against the existing Woody r1 and security.debian.org
- vastly faster than downloading the iso images of Woody r1 - as only a
relative handful of packages have changed between the two collections,
but the reasons they have changed is significantly important.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org