Re: max transmit unit

Am Sam, 2003-04-19 um 00.38 schrieb Mark Laird Copper:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a MS windows laptop connected to internet by pppoe via IP
> Masquerading.  It is acting like my Linux machines before I brought
> their MTU down to 1492 via an entry in network/interfaces.  That is,
> it looks as if return packets are getting dropped.

On your Linux machine run pppoeconf again and select the option to clamp
the MTU to 1492. This should *not* be done in /etc/network/interfaces
but will be done automagically for you if this option is set.

There is no need for messing with windows MTU if done properly.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice