Re: Error during install trying to startx.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 01:08:04AM +0100, A Cjt wrote:
> I have (what I thought was sucessfully installed woody up until the
> point of starting x.
> I get this error message. Also I noticed that my usb mouse (ms
> intellimouse) was completely gone, that is, it would load in windows
> when I rebooted. Can anyone give me any pointers?
> Thanks.

Try this:

# apt-get install discover mdetect read-edid
# dpkg -P --force-depends xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common
# apt-get install xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common

That should do most of the work, as long as you let it try to autodetect
stuff, and your hardware is supported...

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?