openoffice.org & fonts over a remote xfs-xtt server

Hi,

In an attempt to save space, I removed all the fonts off of my desktop
and moved it all over to the lan server (running debian as well) and it
all works well.

However, the fonts do not appear in Open Office (1.1 Beta). If I give

xlsfonts |grep microsoft

It does come up with a whole slew of fonts but they do not show up in
Openoffice.

Is it possible to get openoffice to recognise the fonts from the font
server or will I have to install these fonts locally as well.

Any help and pointers in this appreciated.

Regards

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com