Re: Has anybody know the meaning of this messages?

At 03:53 PM 4/15/2003 +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

Jones wrote:
> It is captured during system boot.......I have no idea what's going on with it.
[ snip ]
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

Read/Write on that disk failed to due an CRC error.

> ide0: reset: success

After that it works fine or are they more messages like that above?

/me suspects an upcoming hd failure...

There's actually a kernel config option that deals with either this error or one very similar and the option escapes me at the moment. The help for that option says to enable or disable it if you get an error message like the one listed.

In the case I'm referring to, it's not indicative of a hd failure, but most likely a "bug" in the mb controller's software (and linux has a way to deal with it).

Hall