RE: Networking - dhcp-client

Clive says:

>Hi Alan

>If you've got a broadband connection, it is really simple.  Change your
>/etc/apt/sources.list to:
>http://.......etc/debian stable main (stable is woody and it means that
>when sarge becomes stable you will upgrade seamlessly)
>There is also a command to upgrade your sources list automatically but
>I can't recall it offhand - you should also include the source for
>security patches.

>And then use dselect as described in Note 3.4 within:
>http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/release-notes/ch-
>upgrading.en.html

>I almost always use dselect to add and remove packages - it's just so
>easy ;-) No floppies, no CD's just instant gratification ;-)

Looks like I'll be registering another MAC with my ISP. Isn't it amazing how it takes someone else to state the flaming obvious ;-))

Obviously my cable connection is b****er all use if teal cannot connect to the network to use it. BUT I can unplug the cable and feed it straight into teal to perform the upgrade and then have a go at re-establishing the network stuff once Woody is on board:-))

       Alan Lakin
Wallington, Surrey