Re: highlighting in mutt, was: [lowliest priority help] needed for Apache in Debian stable

on Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 03:04:33AM +0000, Matt Price (matt.price@utoronto.ca) wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 11:14:12PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >
> > Posts which are difficult to read (poor grammer, poor construction, poor
> > formatting, HTML formatting, attachments, crossposted, or otherwise
> > antisocial) get deleted.  I configure mutt to highlight posts on several
> > of these conditions by default.
> >

> ok, now I'm interested:  how do you get mutt to highlight these
> things?  can you share the relevant bits of your .muttrc?

Hmm...

Last time I shared valuable advice I got a sixpack of Arrogant Bastard
Ale shipped to me....  Damned good brew.  Appropriately named.

The stuff below shows how to set the default folder index colors
("folder-hook ." matches all folders), then a cyan highlight of linux or
unix related messages in one folder, and a yellow/black highlight in
*all* folders.

    # Some index stuff.
    # Highlight HTML-encoded messages:
    folder-hook .   "uncolor index *"
    folder-hook sas-l "color index cyan  black '~b linux | ~b unix"
    folder-hook .   "color index yellow black '~b \"^Content-Type: text/html\" | ~h \"^Content-Type: text/html\" "

Peace.

   How to unwedge / disable your X display manager login:
     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/xdm-disable.html