From: Daniel L. Miller [mailto:dmiller@amfes.com]
Sent:
Sunday, April 13, 2003 3:13 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Send/Proc/Fetch mail

Once again, I throw myself on the mercy of the user group.

The scope of the programs is somewhat bewildering to somebody who probably shouldn’t be trying to set this stuff up without training, but . . .

I would like to set up the following:

1.      Act as a “smart host” for a Microsoft Exchange 2k server – since I’m using MS Outlook clients (I’ll change those later).

2.      Retrieve POP3 mail from an external e-mail server.

3.      Route the retrieved e-mail back to the appropriate Exchange account.

I’m sure there’s a much easier way to accomplish this than I’ve been trying – I just usually wind up doing things the hard way.

Is there a document that details this process for newbies – or can someone help me generate one?

Daniel