Re: cupsbsd-error(2)

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 08:12:50AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
| This obviously goes deep:
| | tallison@penguin:~$ lpstat
| lpstat: get-jobs failed: server-error-service-unavailable

Check whether or not the cups daemon is running.  It probably wasn't
at the time you got this message.  (yeah, the messages are a little
more terse than necessary)

-D

Cups is getting me down, and worried.

I have this printer as the same subnet as the server, and the daemon is running, yet, I can't get the lp functions to work.

I did set the default printer setting through the cups web pages, yet lpr doesn't understand that there is a default printer.

I tried to install the foomatic-rip packages and have removed the first error I found in my logs, but I still am unable to print to this printer.

And yet, I'm unable to get anything out of this.

I'll come back to it in a few months. I'm tired of this for now. In the meantime they can stick to Windows.
--
Consultant, n.:
	An ordinary man a long way from home.