Re: other distros

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:13:12PM +0000, Matt Price wrote:
> In an effort to learn a little more about (GNU/)linux I'm thinking of
> installing and playing with a bunch of other distributions, just to se
> what they're like (and whether it's really possible to survive without
> apt-get!).  I've been thinking about the following:
>
> -an rpm-based distro (Mandrake?)
> [ snip ]

I do not know what your end goals are, but if you want to work with
linux commercially, I would recommend Redhat.  When hardware vendors say
they support linux, they often only mean Redhat, and a lot of the
commercial servers out there are Redhat.

Also, I'm not sure if yyou want to learn more about linux, or more about
unix - if its the later, look into some of the *BSDs.

--
        ...crying "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"... ~ HPL
 icq : 34583382              |     === ascii ribbon campaign ===