Re: Oracle on Debian?

On Saturday 12 April 2003 11:19, Carl Fink wrote:
> One of my users has requested Oracle on a Debian (Stable) server I
> run.  I've never used Oracle myself.

I have run oracle 9i on debian stable, testing and unstable.

> Anyone out there using an Oracle database server on a Debian box?
> Any tips?  Things to avoid?

The install will work but the config assistants won't, you will have to config
the listeners, sqlnet, and database by hand. The config assistants are java
based and I haven't cared enough to figure out why they don't work.

Syd

--
Protect your privacy.

"I may despise what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to
say it."
-- Voltaire