Re: other distros

On Friday 11 April 2003 15:13, Matt Price wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> In an effort to learn a little more about (GNU/)linux I'm thinking of
> installing and playing with a bunch of other distributions, just to
> se what they're like (and whether it's really possible to survive
> without apt-get!).  I've been thinking about the following:
>
> -an rpm-based distro (Mandrake?)
> - do-it-youself source-based distro (linux-from-scratch?)
> -and lately I've been hearing lots about how great gentoo is,
> apparently because of its 'portage' system.

As a user which have worked with all these distros, I would call this
the perfect combination for a debian user to learn about GNU/Linux.

Just one more thing, if you have access to the hardware, working with
GNU/Linux on non-i386 distros will also be cool.

Cheers

--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan