Re: Shell based text editor for writing prose

* John Griffiths <johnboy@the-riotact.com> [2003-04-03 13:09]:
> what I'm after is a recommendation from others who might have used
> something like this to write 5,000 word plus english language documents.

I've written a couple of 50,000 word novels, a 10,000 word Honours
thesis, and numerous short stories using Emacs. I find Emacs more
comfortable to use than vi/vim for longer works. The switching between
command and edit modes in vi tends to break my concentration. In
Emacs, I find it easier to stay focused on the writing rather than
the commands needed to control the editer. But it's really a personal
thing, which one you prefer.