Disabled COM1: ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!

Hi all.

Recently I got cable internet access. So I removed my serial-port 56k modem
and decided to disable COM1 in the BIOS. My computer does not have a
keyboard or mouse attached, never has.

Now when I boot, I get the following lines that weren't there before:

Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

and a little further down...

ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!
ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!

Why would I be getting these just because I disabled COM1? And are they a
problem? I haven't noticed any problem but just curious.

Thanks
Jon