Re[2]: Install on RAID Controller

On 20.02.2003 14:03:48 lloyd wrote:
> Ludwig Meyerhoff wrote:
> > I want to install a Woody on a system which has a RAID-controller:
> Welcome to Hell!
> After spending a few days asking around, this stopped me in my tracks
> from trying Debian at all.  Call me spoiled if you like - but I'll give
> Debian a try when I can insert a CD-ROM, boot, and just install onto my
> 3ware IDE RAID -only system.
> I'm checking back every few weeks or so to see if things have changed -
> it appears not.

Sorry to hear that. I was already successfull with potato on an IBM xSeries
with a IBM ServeRAID-Adapter. Ok, it is SCSI, not IDE, but RAID itself is
IMHO
not an issue under Debian...

ciao Thomas

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

                   Thomas Kroener

SVA System Vertrieb Alexander GmbH
Thomas Kroener
Unter den Eichen 7