Re: can anyone recomend an application ??? ...

Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> writes:

> I used to find that ical was really good, except it suffered same
> problem you describe above regarding logged in.
>
> I now use gnomecal[1]. I think the coolest features of this program are:
>
> - Can email you reminders as well as flash them on the screen
>   -> prefect if you aren't logged in.

You can tell ical to email you messages for the day.  I use the
following in my crontab entry:

5 6 * * *       (/usr/bin/rem;ical -show +2)|mail -s remind carlj

That runs remind, and then runs ical for all entries for the next two
days and emails them to me.  Remind is especially handy for birthdays
or anniversaries because you can set it up to calculate how many
years, just in case you sometimes forget...

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org