Van: Andy Van Hoof [mailto:Andy.Van.Hoof@pandora.be]
Verzonden: zaterdag 8 februari 2003 16:24
Aan: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Onderwerp: X won't start

Hi,

i'm quite new to linux and i have an annoying problem...

i just reinstalled debian (stable 3.0) and used tasksel to select some
packages, one of them the kde graphical environment.

after the installation i got some automated setup stuff, telling me to
select my gfx card etc (it's a matrox productiva g100 agp), then i tried
running startx and it crashed on me saying: no usable screens found

any ideas?

thanks for the help,
andy