Re: Canon Powershot A40 support?

On Friday 07 February 2003 09:07, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a Canon Powershot A40 but need to confirm that it
> is supported in Linux. The gphoto2 website only lists the A50, which
> seems to be an older model. One or two people found on Google seem to
> think the A40 is supported but I need to be sure. Has anyone here used
> this camera?

Support to what extent?  I thin the minimum support you can expect is for the
available USB drivers to recognize the flash memory so that you can cp or mv
the shot files on to other media.  I think gphoto is a "pretty" interface
that works like the picture managers you get with the camera that run on
commercial O/Ss.  Using the camera as a webcam is another level of support.

I see the A40 listed here: http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=10
Looks like green status.

HTH
--