[jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au: Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?]

think this was supposed to be a list reply... but came to me only

hugh

----- Forwarded message from James Buchanan <jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au> -----

Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:21:01 +1100
From: "James Buchanan" <jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au>
To: "Hugh Saunders" <hugh@wacka.mjr.org>
Subject: Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?

> what do you want to do that mutt cant?

I would like to add my two cents here (possibly less :-)

I found Mutt extremely hard to use.  I think it used a configuration script
or something, like ~/.muttrc, and I could never make it do what I wanted.

The main features I wanted were: make new directories to filter mail, and as
the mail comes in it gets redirected based on headers, body and/or subject
line; and a feature found in KMail: bounce email back to sender.

As a result, and because I don't have ADSL hardware to work with Linux, I am
forced to use Winodws for all Internet related stuff and Linux for
everything else.  I wish I could get easy to install and configure ADSL
hardware.  Then I could ditch Windows for ever.

Thanks -
James

----- End forwarded message -----