Re: cdrecord freezes when burning data

Bob,

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.
But then I got the idea to see if DMA affected it.  So I turned off DMA
by typing

hdparm  hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc

And I was able to burn a couple of data cds.  I reall don't know why
this worked (or even what DMA is), and I'm going to see if this
continues to work.  It puzzles me, because I believe DMA was on when the
cd burner was in my home machine.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Ric