Re: sit (compressed files)

short version: http://stuffit.com/expander

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:27:38PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> My silly designer just sent me an .sit file. Does anyone know if this can
> be expanded in debian?

those silly designers seem to like their silly macs. (i know i
sure do...)

aladdin systems is the proud owner of the stuffit compression
algorithm, one of the oldest in the business (unless it's been
reworked from the ground up, i think it's still based on raymond
lau's code from the mid eighties... http://raylau.com/StuffIt.html)

you can grab it from http://aladdinsys.com/ or (more precisely)
http://stuffit.com/expander and they certainly have one for
linux.

NOW your problem will become, did your silly designer send you
a stuffit archive of mac-only quark or photoshop docs -- or did
she send you an industry-standard collection of jpegs and pdfs?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #75 from USM Bish <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in>
:
Do you want to have MUTT IGNORE PGP-SIGNED MESSAGES?  To have
mutt to *not* verify PGP-signed messages, you can shut it off
by including
	set pgp_verify_sig = no
in your ~/.muttrc  Or you could use:
	set pgp_verify_sig = ask-no
to have mutt prompt you each time a signed message comes up,
with the default being not to verify.