Re: blank LCD monitor

On  0, "Joyce, Matthew" <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> wrote:
> After it has booted, and gone blank, can you disconnect it and connet a crt
> monitor ?
> Unless yuo are uing a dvi connecter I suppose.

Wow, man, that response got here before the question did ;-)

> > I just bought a Proview model 780 17" LCD monitor and can't
> > get it working
> > with Woody.  It goes blank durning boot and the messages go
> > by so fast that I
> > can't tell if it is happenning durning the Kernel
> > initialization or at the
> > start of the system initialization. I'm running the
> > 2.2.20-compact Kernel and
> > am just booting into console mode.
> >
> > Any suggestion?

Get a network connection to the machine and see what's in syslog and
dmesg.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Other people's priorities are endlessly odd."
	- Kingsley Amis

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au