Re: any suggestions on mail client?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 02:29:09PM +0530, sandip wrote......

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 09:32:44AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 13:07:51 +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
>
> > > -    have facility to have folders: i will like to keep business,
> > > personal mails in different folders
> >
> > Mutt can do this.
>
> is there a mailing list specifically for mutt?

See http://mutt.org/ but the main mail group that has a lot of activity
(not as much as this one though) and where you can get good answers to
Mutt questions is mutt-users@mutt.org

> > There is no custom fields in Mutt's address book (aliases). But Mutt
> > can query external address books.
>
> any specific applications that you suggest?

The add-on program that I've found very useful is lbdb-fetchaddr.  It
really works with procmail, but the ultimate beneficiary is Mutt.  It's
a shell script that reads an email on stdin and extracts the
From/To/CC/etc headers and puts them in a DB.  From Mutt you can then
very easily query for an email address from anyone whoever sent you
an email.  For that reason you may want to make sure that your procmail
recipe for lbdb is after spam checking and after sorting for mail lists
like this one.

All in all you cannot beat Mutt for it's flexibility and ability to
customize.

HTH. Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner