Re: 3.0: Booting From CD

Michelle Storm wrote:
Is there a way to boot an installed system from one of the Debian installation CDs?

If you're asking what I believe you're asking. I had the same problem.
I damaged my system somehow so it wouldn't boot on it's own, and had to
figure a way to start the system from a cd.

try booting from the CD
then at the prompt type: rescue root=/dev/<your / drive>

or if it is really foobared, you can go to the first screen of the installation sequence and then hit Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get a root shell if you need to run diagnostics on the partitions, etc.